~Welcome~

I love everything about my life...the good and bad times...this page is for me to express myself through my emotions and thoughts...Also to show things that I like and am interested in...I am a mother or 2 wonderful boys and 1 Fantastic Girl...Married life is hard but it is worth all the troubles to be with the one you love...Enjoy my posts as I will be expressing myself on these pages.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Adventures of Breastfeeding...#1

Ok so I am breastfeeding my baby Lydia...and things are going very well...but I have learned that I have something called forceful let-down...This means that my mikl comes down the ducts very fast and can make my baby cough and choke on it...I have had to change a few things about how I am positioning her and how I pump...She has to be more upright and I have to try and not stimilate my breast too much while she she not feeding...This is not working...The milk just produces...I am like a cow...I am loving every minute of it...Yes it is complicated but I am getting the hang of it and Life is easier with out having to mix formula and wash all those darn bottles...I went to the WIC office today to get a breastpump from them and it is a manual one...Kind of strange to me...I am not sure if I like it all that much...The lady told me to just pump inbetween Lydia feeding..so if she nurses every 3 hours then I have to pump every 1.5 hours.  Kind of seems like that will make me have even MORE milk...isn't the idea to get it on a schedule and that way I can freeze some milk for times I am not with her and then I can nurse her when she is with me...which is most of the time...But hey I deserve a break too....And I have no idea how to make it so I can have a Margarita...Cuz I really really want one...I am thinking I will make sure I have plenty of milk in the freezer and then have a drink and pump my breasts for that day after...I just don't know how long the alochol is in the milk..I guess more research is needed...Well anyway the point of this post.  An update...I was getting ready to take a shower and looked into the mirror as I walked past it to get into the shower...And I saw BLUE lines all over my chest....I mean all my veins were very visible and I could trace them if I wanted to...It was CRAZY!  I did not take a picture because that would be weird...But there is nothing like breastfeeding and then seeing crazy veins in your breasts...It kind of freaked me out...
I figure that is JUST ANOTHER DAY IN THE ADVENTURES OF BREASTFEEDING!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for doing this.. I have heard it is SO hard, much admiration for sticking with it Lady! I think you can get test strips somewhere to test alcohol level but I read around and this article seems like good advice... http://www.buzzle.com/articles/breastfeeding-alcohol-advice-guidelines.html .. I know how good your Margarita's are ;O)

    ReplyDelete